Spanish Breakfast Scramble is a hearty meal packed with flavor and health that can be enjoyed for any meal of the day. What gives this scramble Spanish influence is more substantial use of vegetables, a lighter sprinkling of cilantro, and commonly used spices like cumin and chili powder. This delightful combination gives the soul to the flavor of the dish.
There is nothing better than starting the day enjoying a healthy dish that bursts with flavor and excitement. Though, I will admit, not every meal I make falls into the category of exotic flavors because sometimes you just want a delicious chocolate banana smoothie or a creamy dairy-free bowl of overnight oats. But on those mornings when your taste buds are calling for something more, Spanish Breakfast Scramble is the recipe
I especially love the versatility of this dish. Mostly, I try to incorporate ingredients I already have in my refrigerator. The vibrant flavor comes through a combination of fragrant spices that permeate the dish during the cooking process.
If you are short on time and want something delicious and healthy in 20 minutes or fewer, try my Spanish breakfast Scramble. A delicious way to start your day!
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large bell pepper, diced yellow, orange, or red
- 1 mediium yellow onion, diced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 2-4 large eggs
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the peppers, onions, and garlic, sauteeing 5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, cumin, chili powder, and salt, sauteeing 3 to 5 minutes or until tomatoes are soft but not mushy.
- Toss in the cilantro (reserving some for garnish) and lime juice and divide between two plates.
- Fry the eggs in a medium saute pan and cook to over easy. Lay the eggs over the vegetables, sprinkle cilantro on top and serve immediately.
- Have fun with this dish! Customize it to your liking by including your favorite vegetables and meat ingredients. Top it with poached eggs, hollandaise or hot sauce, the options are limitless.
Recipe by Lisa Soldo-Johnson for www.culinarybutterfly.com
Thanks For Sharing this Amazing Recipe. My Family Loved It. I will be sharing this Recipe with my Friends. Hope They will like it.
I am so happy you liked my Spanish Breakfast Scramble, Helan! It’s one of my favorites too! Thank you for sharing the love.
Have a blessed day, Lisa