The day I discovered the power of Elderberry syrup was the day my family started down a healthier path in life. Many years ago, I took a class on how to make elderberry syrup. I had read how effective elderberries are for the immune system and used as a natural remedy in preventing and fighting off colds and influenza.
Since the store-bought version is so expensive, I decided I would learn to make my own. After some tweaks and adjustments to the flavor, I developed my version of elderberry syrup that tastes delicious and is highly effective in boosting the immune system. Now, I keep a few jars of it on hand at all times for those occasions when someone in my house is feeling under the weather – or even as a daily immune booster.
Elderberry is such an amazing natural remedy for a long list of ailments. I’ve even given it away as gifts. Who doesn’t love a good natural remedy that works, right? You can find my recipe for Elderberry Syrup here.
Since I like to make smoothies every morning for my family, I decided to create an elderberry smoothie as a way of giving us an extra boost of health to jump-start our days. Give it a try! It’s a tasty way to give your body a healthy kick in the pants to start your morning of feeling amazing. Enjoy!
- 4 cups vanilla almond milk
- 3 tablespoons almond or cashew butter
- 3 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- 4 tablespoons elderberry syrup
- Blend all ingredients on high for 30 seconds.
- Pour into your favorite glass and enjoy!
- Elderberry syrup is a natural remedy for fighting off and shortening cold and flu symptoms.
- Check out my own elderberry syrup recipe!
Recipe by www.culinarybutterfly.com
Share this Post