The holidays are always a great time to try out new drink recipe ideas that are festive, refreshing, and pretty to serve at a party. Pomegranate Mint Sangria is an excellent option for the holidays or parties
throughout the year.
Sangria is a Spanish cocktail combining sweet wine, fresh fruit, and other ingredients and typically served to guests during parties and holidays. I prefer to use a sweet Prosecco wine with this recipe, but you can use your favorite dry white wine if you prefer. You can easily make this sangria by combining fresh-squeezed lime juice, a little splash of rum, and fresh mint and pomegranate seeds. Make it in larger batches for a bigger crowd and chill before serving. Enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you’ve made it please share it with me by tagging @culinary.butterfly on Instagram or @culinarybutterfly on Pinterest, or by using the hashtag #culinarybutterfly on Facebook
Share this Post
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 mint sprigs
- 1 750ml bottle Prosecco or dry white wine
- 1/2 cup white rum
- In a small heat-proof bowl, add boiling water and sugar, stirring to dissolve. Let cool.
- In a large pitcher or punch bowl, combine the pomegranate, mint leaves, lime juice, wine, rum, and simple syrup, stirring to combine. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes or up to 48 hours.
- When serving, be sure to spoon some of the pomegranate seeds and mint leaves into the glass. Cheers!
Recipe by Lisa Soldo-Johnson for www.culinarybutterfly.com