Several years ago, I developed immune issues and became allergic to almost every food I ate. That crisis forced me to look at the foods I was putting into my body and make drastic changes towards healthier choices. Along the way, I discovered the amazing healing benefits of both turmeric and cardamom. That’s when this tea became a part of my life forever.
Turmeric Coconut Milk Tea originated centuries ago in India. Today,
Make your Turmeric Coconut Milk tea the way you like it.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you’ve made it please share it with me by tagging @culinarybutterfly on Pinterest.
Share this Post
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 4 cardamon pods or 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- In small pan over medium heat, bring coconut milk and water to a simmer.
- Stir in honey until dissolved.
- Sprinkle in turmeric powder and cardamom pods, whisking until the powder has dissolved, about 30 seconds.
- Pour tea into two cups. Remove the cardamom pods and discard, or leave them in the tea to steep and enhance the flavor.
Recipe by Lisa Soldo-Johnson for www.culinarybutterfly.com
This sounds so good and to know that it helps the digestive issues is great! I am going shopping tomorrow so I will add coconut milk to my list!
Oh good! It’s a great healer for your entire body. It’s especially effective for inflammation. Let me know how you like it!
Did you use boxed coconut milk? or canned coconut milk?
I found that Trader Joe’s has the cleanest organic canned coconut milk, not only is the can lined,
this product contains no guar gum! YAY! Only organic coconut product…
I agree, Laurie. I love Trader Joe’s coconut milk too. That’s the one I use for most of my recipes that call for coconut milk. Thanks for point that suggestion out!