Sometimes the best recipes happen by accident. That’s how the story of Sweet
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you’ve made it please share it with me by tagging @culinarybutterfly on Pinterest.
Share this Post
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 1 1/2 cups cooked basmati rice
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots use fresh shredded carrots only
- 1/2 cup diced onions `
- 1/2 cup golden raisins, soaked add more if desired
- 1 teaspoon cocunut sugar or granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt. divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablspoons olive oil
- Heat the oil in a medium non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and saute for 3 minutes or until they are slightly translucent. Add carrots and continue to sauté 5 to 8 minutes or until carrots are soft. Sprinkle 1/4 of teaspoon salt over the mixture and stir to combine. Be sure to stir the carrot mixture often to prevent sticking and burning. Use more oil if needed.
- Soak the raisins in hot water for 5 minutes, strain out the water and add to a pan with carrots and onions, stirring to combine. Remove pan from heat.
- Add the cooked rice, sugar, salt, and pepper, toss with a fork until all ingredients are well combined.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve warm.
- Make sure to use fresh grated carrots instead of packaged to keep the dish juicy, tender, and flavorful.
- Serve as a side or light appetizer.
- Serve with Russian Stuffed Peppers.
Recipe by Lisa Soldo-Johnson for www.culinarybutterfly.com