I’d like to say, our bodies reserve sore throats for cold weather season so we can combat them by boosting our immune system ahead of time. Unfortunately, the unwelcome guest appears just about any time of the year and usually unannounced.
Most of us combat sore throats with a combination of cold medications found at the local drugstore or a soothing cup of hot tea. While those are excellent options, have you ever considered trading in the comforting hot beverages for an icy cold option?
The most effective natural remedy I have found for a sore throat is my lemon ginger sore throat soother. The combination of fresh ginger, lemon juice, and raw honey blended cold is a welcome relief for that nagging throat pain.
The next time you feel a sore throat knocking on your door, give this recipe a try. Enjoy it several times a day and see how quickly it works for you.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you’ve made it please share it with me by tagging @culinarybutterfly on Pinterest.
Share this Post
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||5 minutes|
- 3-inch piece fresh ginger peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 cups fitered water
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 4 cups ice cubes
- In saucepan, bring water and ginger to a boil for 3 minutes. Reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and discard ginger.
- Add honey and lemon, stirring to combine.
- Refrigerate until mixture is at room temperature.
- Pour liquid into blender with ice and blend on high until it has a slushy consistency.
- Pour into glass and enjoy. Refrigerate remaining liquid for later.
Recipe by Lisa Soldo-Johnson for www.culinarybutterfly.com