Become an Abolitionist today
Culinary Butterfly is a proud supporter of Operation Underground Railroad.
As a person with a sincere love for people around the world, my passion for those in every corner of the globe runs much deeper than the food that represents their culture. Protecting children, the most vulnerable among us, makes my heart overflow with compassion.
A few years ago, I discovered Tim Ballard’s organization, O.U.R. Operation Underground Railroad. An incredible organization dedicated to rescuing children in the sex slave trade. O.U.R.’s mission is to shine a light for the world on the global epidemic of child sex trafficking, and in doing so rescue children from slavery and assist law enforcement in the prosecution of trafficking offenders. They place rescued children in safe havens providing appropriate recovery aftercare. After learning of the great work this organization does, it compelled my soul to support their efforts. If you are not yet familiar with O.U.R., let me take a moment to inspire you.
“…. I feel now that the time is come when even a woman or a child who can speak a word for freedom and humanity is bound to speak.
… I hope EVERYONE who can write will not be silent.”
Harriet Beecher Stowe - Author “Uncle Tom’s Cabin”
- Every 30 seconds, a child is sold as a sex slave.
- There is an estimated 100,000 children enslaved in the United States today.
- An enslaved child may be raped between five and ten times per night.
- Human Trafficking generates an estimated $32 billion per year
- The average cost of a child for an entire night is $300
- Human trafficking is the fastest growing international crime
- Trafficking is the third most lucrative crime in the world
- There is an estimated 35.8 million people trapped in modern slavery
The war to rescue over 2 million children has just begun – Be Inspired.O.U.R.
Share this Post